The Mechanical Engineer position will contribute to and lead new product design efforts. this individual will be responsible for the success of design/redesign efforts and managing from concept to implementation. As a member of the Research and Development team, this individual will work closely with executive leadership to create new products, define system requirements, identify areas for cost and lead-time reduction, and serve as a subject matter expert for the mechanical systems. This is a highly visible role on a team that is expected to continually innovate and create value. The ideal candidate for this position will have a proven track record of success in any number of industries, such as, but not limited to, electronics packaging, injection molding, structural foam, and manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited Mechanical Engineering program preferred
- Minimum 10 years similar professional experience
- Firm understanding of material components, and processes: sheet metal, metal fabrication / forming / assembly, metal welding/plating/coating, metal stamping, metal precision machining
- Capable of working in a hands-on, fast-paced, evolving environment
- History of progressive career growth and effective project management
- Strong communication and analytical skills for interfacing with manufacturing, sales team, customers and vendors/suppliers.
- Must possess a sense of strong self-direction
- Ability to diffuse problematic situations (thinking outside of the box)
- Ability to work in diverse environment
- Aggressive, meticulous, forward thinking, and high-energy team player
- Excellent analytical skills, detail oriented self-starter
- Proficient using MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Advanced skills with Solidworks or other 3D CAD software
- Mechanical Engineer will report to VP of Research and Development
- Creates, Ideas and Solutions.
- Performs reviews, and approves designs, drawings, and specifications for product development.
- Ensures product designs meet client’s standards, functional, and performance specifications.
- Evaluate feasibility of manufacturing existing customer products and design enhancements
- Develop quality specifications for inspection and testing manufactured products based on engineering, consumer, and regulatory test standards
- Review, develop, modify and release technical documentation including mechanical drawings, schematics, bill of materials, inspection procedures through the engineering change notification system
- Manage the development, prototyping, and initial production of mechanical products
- Routinely communicate complex technical details of products with customers, sales and to engineering/manufacturing staff
- Manages project deadlines for customer approval of sample submission, production deadlines, documentation of product specifications.
- Flexibility on traveling.
- Benefits 70K to 100K depending on the experience and education.
Please send resumes to email@example.com